Panamax’s history illustrates a company dedicated to innovation. Since our inception in 1975, we have been engineering and producing the finest in Power Management products. From our beginning with industrial surge protectors to our latest home audio/video component products featuring BlueBOLT® energy management software, Panamax has been and will continue to be a leading innovator in mission-critical power applications.
- Launched the MR family of elegant, cost-effective power management solutions, including the MR4000, MR4300, and MR5100.
- Upgraded MyBlueBOLT.com with extensive updates to enhance the userís experience with an improved certification process and training resources.
- Launched the MIW-SURGE-1G, providing exclusive Protect-or-Disconnect™ surge protection in a standard in-wall duplex.
- Dominated the CE Pro Top 100 with 68% brand preference in the power category.
- Activated the BlueBOLT® cloud-based energy management platform for control and monitoring of Panamax, Furman, and BlueBOLT products.
- Introduced the BlueBOLT-compatible M4315-PRO and M4320-PRO for professional applications.
- Launched the MD2 Family of compact surge protectors.
- Debuted the companyís first current-sensing surge protector, the PM8-GAV.
- Awarded patent for the companyís learning IR control feature.
- Retained the leading edge in the power category in the CE Pro Top 100, with 50% brand preference among top system installers.
- Introduced a new line of UPS battery back-up solutions specifically designed for the needs of A/V equipment, including the MB1000 with Automatic Voltage Regulation, the MB850 for compact space applications, the MX5102 hybrid power conditioner/UPS. and the BlueBOLT-compatible MB1500.
- Launched the new SEP200 Service Entrance Protector for residential utility panel installations.
- Continued to demonstrate leadership in the CE Pro Top 100, with 38% brand preference in the power category.
- Launched the MIW-XT to extend Panamax power conditioning via code-compliant in-wall power management solutions.
- Introduced the MIW-SURGE in-wall surge protector for flat panel displays and remotely located devices.
- Recognized as the leading power management company in the CE Pro Top 100 with 40% brand preference in the power category.
- Launched the PM family of component power conditioners. Featuring AVM, LiFT and power conditioning of up to Level 4+, the PM family of components continues Panamax’s legacy of innovative products.
- Introduced the PowerKit-Pro, the technological successor to the PowerKit-TL.
- Captured 34% brand preference among top professional integrators and installers in the CE Pro 100 power category to take the number two spot.
- Introduced the MAX 7500-PRO, Panamax’s first IP addressable power conditioner (with optional ethernet card accessory)
- Acquired Furman Sound, a leading manufacturer of power management products in both the Pro Audio/Video and Home Theater markets
- Introduced AVR™(Automatic Voltage Regulation)
- Panamax acquired by Nortek, Inc.
- Introduced a family of five new EX component power conditioners.
- Introduced the Max 5410 Power Conditioner with RS232 control interface for home automation systems.
- Introduced innovative Max In-Wall family for aesthetically pleasing, code-compliant installations of plasma screen TVs.
- Antenna/CATV protection circuit approved by Time Warner Cable for use with their cable modems.
- Satellite TV protection circuit approved by EchoStar for their DishPro systems.
- Introduced the MAX 5510, the first switchable Isolated Power / Balanced Power line conditioner, $1299 MSRP
- First to introduce an entire family of component style power conditioners with a patented, auto-resetting over/under voltage protection circuit.
- Introduced the MAX 5500 ACRegenerator(tm), $999.00 MSRP
- CAT 5 MAX LAN Gigabit.
- Telco protector combines 110-D punchdown with RJ-11/45 connectors
- Introduced Protect or Disconnect.
- MAX2000 integrates infrared remote control.
- SUBMAX combines AC and low-level audio
- Only company to offer low-voltage, low-loss coax protection.
- Fuseless thermal protection (Primax). Combined AC and ISDN.
- Low-level audio protection (Lincmax)
- Auto-resetting, fuseless construction for telco products.
- Combined coax signal amplification with surge protection.
- Lucent selects Panamax
- Identified Ground Reference Equalization (Ground Skew).
- Multi-line (RJ-21X) phone protection (towerMAX CO/16).
- Introduced DBS protector (MAX DBS)
- Introduced fully expandable modular architecture.
- Multi-port rackmount LAN 10bT protector
- Introduced AC and Network line protection with LANMAX
- 20-Amp direct plug-in.
- Rack mount for home audio (Max 1000).
- Over and under voltage protection (SmartMax)
- Introduced application specific products to meet changing market needs (FaxMax & CopyMax)
- Introduced Lifetime product warranty. Introduced connected equipment warranty
- Began printing 800 number on every unit. Introduced and patented AC and Coax protection
- Introduced AC and Telco combination surge protection
- Introduced high quality surge protection for PCs
- Lightning Strikes! Panamax begins manufacturing industrial surge protectors