(Panamax's company headquarters in Petaluma, California. )
Panamax is the country's pre-eminent designer and manufacturer of electronic and electrical protection, filtration and control products. For over 30 years we have achieved an international reputation for our unique solutions to the worldwide problem of power disturbances and has earned numerous industry awards for the quality and variety of its products. Panamax has also been recognized for its innovative Lifetime Warranty on almost every unit produced and for its Connected Equipment Protection Policy.
Founded in 1975 by Henry Moody, Panamax made its debut the same year the first personal computers became available to the public. The company is now led by President Bill Pollock. Panamax is part of the Home Technology Group of Linear, LLC, a division of Nortek, Inc.
Panamax acquired Furman Sound in 2006, which now operates as a second brand within Panamax. Both brands were founded about thirty years ago, both doing power management but for different purposes. Furman started doing power management for the professional music industry. Panamax started making surge protection products for industrial and commercial customers. Both companies moved into power management for home theater within the past ten years each with their own emphasis and technologies.
They have different emphasis, features, aesthetics and distribution models.
Furman has some unique technologies like power factor correction and zero ground contamination that are focused on audio video performance.
Panamax has some outstanding innovations such as in-wall protection, remote surge protection, rs232 and IP controllability that are focused on the custom installation market.
Panamax is sold more often in retail stores and is distributed by AVAD and other large distributors.
Furman is more often found at specialty audio shops and local specialty distributors.
Over 30 Years of Innovative Leadership
Since 1975, Panamax has been #1 in the development and introduction of innovative products and services.
Some of our product innovations include:
- The first to introduce automatic over/under voltage protection, resulting in less service calls and trouble-free surge protection technology.
- Panamax introduced the towerMAX® and AllPath® modular protection systems that address a wide variety of AC and other signal line combinations, allowing customers to expand their protection as needs grow.
- The first to combine AC and telephone/modem protection, AC and coax cable protection (CATV and Satellite), protection specifically for satellite systems, and AC and LAN/data line protection.
Customer Service Firsts:
- To support our products, we invented the Lifetime Connected Equipment Protection Policy. It’s still the best warranty in the business!
- The first to offer an expanded 3 or 5-year warranty on DBS satellite receivers and LNB’s.